Welcome to Bush Guidance
Teachers or parents can refer a child for small group or individual counseling, with consent from the parent.
- Small Group Counseling (with parent consent)
- 30 minute sessions, weekly for 4-6 weeks
- Possible Small Group Counseling Topics- New kids on the block, Anger Management, Self-Esteem/Motivation Building, Divorce/Loss, Friendship/Social Skills, Friendship/Social Skills, Study Skills, Coping Skills, Girl Relational Aggression Prevention
- 30 minutes every week we will be in your child's classroom
- Monthly Topics:
- August: Harassment/Bullying
- September: Safety
- October: Drug Free
- November: Study Skills (Intro) and Goal Setting
- December: Careers
- January: Feelings and Communication
- February: Friendships
- March: Study Skills (In depth)
- April: Cultural & Gender Differences
- May: Family
- Students will eat lunch in the counselor's office with 4-5 other students from their grade level.
- Provides the counselor an opportunity to meet with every child.
- Provides an opportunity for the students to get to know other classmates.