Welcome to Bush Guidance
Teachers or parents can refer a child for small group or individual counseling, with consent from the parent.
- Small-Group Counseling (with parent consent)
- 30 minute sessions, weekly for 4-6 weeks
- Possible Small Group Counseling Topics- New kids on the block, Anger Management, Self-Esteem/Motivation Building, Divorce/Loss, Friendship/Social Skills, Friendship/Social Skills, Study Skills, Coping Skills, Girl Relational Aggression Prevention
- Once a week for 30 minutes, we will be in your child's classroom teaching.
- Monthly Topics:
- August: Meet the Counselors
- September: Feelings
- October: Safety/Drug-Free
- November: Anti-Bullying
- December: Kindness
- January: Study Skills and Goal Setting
- February: Careers
- March: Diversity
- April: Families
- May: Friendship
- Students will eat lunch in the cafeteria with 3-4 other students from their grade level.
-Lunches will be served in classrooms this year, leaving the cafeteria empty for Lunch Bunch time. The counselor and the students will be able to socially distance and enjoy lunch,
- Provides the counselor an opportunity to meet with every student.
- It offers the opportunity for the students to get to know other classmates.