McIntire Elementary School
At McIntire Elementary our mission is HIGH LEVELS OF LEARNING FOR ALL!
Our web page will always be a work in progress. Please revisit frequently as we work to make it more user-friendly and make it reflective of our fabulous school. Also, follow our Facebook page for daily updates and photos of what is happening at McIntire.
Since 1961, McIntire Elementary School families have been invited to share the educational experiences with their children and have supported our school through four building additions, and one renovation to the original building. Parents and community members have teamed with the professional staff at McIntire to create a school environment that is challenging and rewarding to the diverse needs of each young leader.
McIntire Elementary School replaced the original West School after it was demolished to make room for the new Winston Churchill Memorial and Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury on the Westminster College campus. Even before the first brick was set, the Fulton Board of Education chose to name the new school after J.W. McIntire, a longtime supporter of public education in Fulton, and a member of the Board of Education from 1888-1928. The new school was built on 11 acres with six basic classrooms and a multipurpose room. In 1988, 1993, 1997, 2000, and 2005 the Fulton community showed their support for the district by passing bond issues that allowed McIntire School to grow to its present size serving the needs of over 400 students.